Search engine optimization SEO and local listings
- OK, so I went and did a web page for my uncle, on the domain www.wingortailor.com it was a simple web page but compared to the web pages of other tailors in Winnipeg it was the most optimized.
- What did this mean for my uncle? well his local search engine ranking, the ones where local businesses are listed at the top of the list for a query like “Winnipeg tailor” went straight to #1, as time passed, abou 2 years, his organic search ranking went to number one. Try searching “Winnipeg tailor” in Google.
- You’ll see that now that he didn’t renew his page and I pulled the website from his local listing his local listing ranking is dropping. The organic rank for his web page outside the list is still around #1 but now it is the URL for my Winnipeg business cards site. You can get a business card with a QR barcode in it which is great for networking, but that’s not all it can do, it can fix you up with a bunch of neat things to see on your Iphone.
- Sadly, but then again, maybe it’s for the best, because now anyone who is looking for business suits tailored will find my business card suit. It wasn’t like there were hundreds a day looking for his services online tho and if you do a search for how many actual people were online looking for a tailor the number is not too high. I renewed the domain with the company credit card thinking he would renew his yearly subscription, but he canceled and now I found a piece of knowledge to share with you guys: if you want to rank high in the local listings, you have to have a web page. And if you want a web page for this purpose, a good investment is the 5 minutes it takes to find out how many people are actually searching for your services locally.
- If you need a good tailor though, call Wing Or Custom Shanghai Tailor 255-0608
Trackbacks / Pingbacks
Leave a Reply